It seems like the past few days went by so quickly, even though not much happened. I still have not experienced many touristy things yet because I have been trying to get used to my schedule, but come the weekend, I plan to spend my time being the biggest tourist (minus fanny pack and annoying folding map) that DC has ever seen. I noticed today that I am starting to become DC-ized to the Metro system. I was transferring from the red to the yellow and people I could tell were tourists kept wandering around aimlessly staring at the walls and ceilings of the underground train as if it were the Sistine Chapel. I was getting uncharacteristically annoyed with how these people blocked my path to my way home considering I was them a week ago.
Nothing really exciting outside of work has happened to me yet. On Tuesday, I spent pretty much the entire day working on a power point for the company’s annual banquet which is next week. My supervisors really liked it which was a great compliment. It wasn’t that big of a deal because it was just a power point, but it was nice to be given props on something I worked really hard on. Then yesterday, I spent most of the day copy-editing a 114 page report. When I was working on my college’s paper, I felt like I needed to take multiple shots after reading a few horribly written articles, but this was completely different. I have never edited anything like this report before and I actually really enjoyed it, even though I didn’t know what it was talking about most of the time.
Last night, my roommates and I went to Union Station (the classiest shopping mall I have ever seen; seriously if it was a salad, it would have cold bowls) to go see the Sex and the City movie. We completely forgot that the Metros do not run after midnight on weekdays so as we were entering the Metro part of Union Station, we were informed that we had literally just missed the last train. So we went outside and called a taxi. I felt like I was back in New York again, getting asked numerous times for money. Regardless of how awkward it is when a guy comes up to you smelling more like a bar than anyone on 3rd St on the weekend, it is still a beautiful station in a beautiful city.
1 comment:
I love reading about your fun adventure in Republican-town. Keep writing! (BTW, this is Erin)
Post a Comment