I forgot to post this last night...
One week down, nine more to go. I have two full days of life without business clothes, but come next week I am going to be beyond busy. Monday I only work for three hours, but I have my Washington Center programming and then class later that night (with an assignment that I haven’t gotten the book for yet). Tuesday there is some sort of party for the “young professionals” in DC and it’s going to have free drinks so I’m there. I’m really excited for that because it will give my roommates and me a chance to meet some new people to hang out with. Wednesday is my company’s annual banquet dinner and that pretty much goes all night. I’m kind of upset that I only really have the weekends to roam the city. But hopefully I will become more comfortable as time goes on and any free time I have during the day can be devoted to finding cool new places to hang out.
Like today, some of my coworkers invited me to go get Mexican with them. I don’t really like Mexican, but I hate eating alone so I went with. They took me to this place called The Well Dressed Burrito. It’s this little, hole-in-the-wall restaurant that had they not taken me there, I would have completely missed because of the weird convoluted way you need to get there. I really like my coworkers; they are so nice and they really take the time to get to know me. Today I was getting all the tips on where to go and what to avoid and I really got to know the area a little bit more. The fact that during my interview, my supervisor told me that he could see the hotel where the previous governor of New York had his little prostitute “incident” makes this the perfect environment for me. He also gave me a few tips on where to do to get to the good bars and gave me some small tid-bits about some of the buildings around our office. I’m really starting to like the place where I am working; I just wish I wasn’t so scared of what they are going to ask me to do.
Today was arts & crafts day at work today. I spent a lot of the day making three signs and then remaking the signs. Almost every person that walked by me asked if it in fact was arts & crafts day, which I thought was kinda funny. After that I wrapped presents; not very many because I ran out of wrapping paper, but still I wrapped presents. I don’t mind doing this kind of work because interspersed with random office work, I am actually getting real publication work to do as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment