Friday, July 17, 2009

Buckets: not just for kicking

Hi, my name is Ashley and it has been seven months since my last post.

I would like to say that it has been easy for me to stay away, but in all actuality…well, actually it has been kind of easy. Yes, it’s true, I could lie and say that I have been too busy or that there has been nothing of interest to commit to cyberspace, but alas I would be fooling no one. The first step is admitting you have a problem and I am just lazy.

Apparently the sounds of Talladega Nights and the colors of the TV in the complete darkness of my bedroom were the jumpstarts I needed to update my blog with exciting (for me) new features including my bucket list. For some reason, Mike and I have been all about bucket lists lately. We watched an episode of Kathy Griffin’s My Life on the D-List where she helped her mom create and accomplish her bucket list. Now, we are all about making ours—as if we were going to kick it tomorrow and have a lot to catch up on.

Mike told me today that he started his list last night and already has six things he wants to accomplish. Trying to figure out all the things you want to accomplish before you die is actually a huge undertaking and one I am not up to working on at 12:10 in the morning. I just don’t know what I want yet.

I’m not sure if I ever even considered making a bucket list before. If I remember correctly, the first time I ever heard about a “bucket list” was in the movie A Walk to Remember. Mandy Moore, or I guess I should say Nicholas Sparks, never really called it a bucket list, but the idea was the same. The time I first watched Walk, it was interesting to see what’s-his-name’s character try and figure out how to get Mandy to witness a miracle (which I guess would be his complete 180 attitude change from popular jerk to sensitive romantic; way to go Sparks no one called that one). Plus, she was on a bit of a time crunch so of course she wants to make a list (insensitive? well maybe I will add something about that to my list).

Oh, I know what the first item on my bucket list can be: wait seven months between blogging and then start again. One down!

No comments: