Monday, April 4, 2011

Workout: Day One (sort of)

With only a few days crossed off in the April calendar, I have decided to seriously buckle down on my workout schedule. To tell the truth, I have had this goal for quite some time, but only recently have I really made an effort to follow through with it. I began going to the gym with a coworker a few weeks ago and got in a good rhythm for a bit. Not only were we going pretty much every day, but instead of me quitting after only 15 or 20 minutes, I had been staying for 30 or more because that’s how long she was staying.

But, as always happens when I begin working out, I get distracted by other things in my life and I tell myself I am too busy to go to the gym. The sad part about it, though, is that I actually like to workout and the feeling I get when I leave the gym. Thankfully, I was only on a two-week hiatus from working out this time and have gotten right back into it.

Not only am I going to try and hit the gym more often, but I am going to try to fix some other behaviors in my life too. Here is my list:
• Replace “snacks” with fruits and veggies when possible
• Cut down on fast food
• Drop soda (I have actually eliminated soda from my diet for years before, but started drinking it again when I started working at Kaplan to keep me awake. Which brings me to my next goal…)
• Get more sleep during the week (so that I do not rely on soda/food to keep me awake during the day)
A few of these things I have already started working on. I can usually go a few days without having a soda and really only get fast food once or twice a week. Even today, after I worked out and had the massive urge to stop at McDonalds on the way home, I resisted and ended up eating cereal instead.

Moral of the story: day one: check.

No comments: